English English Spanish Español
Powered by WUFT
Temporarily change filter
Finding your station

Spring Has Sprung, And It Will Be Felt Through The Weekend

The official start of the spring season in Florida continues with warm weather and areas of rain. Through Sunday, chances for rain will be increasing. The heaviest activity will near the panhandle, from Pensacola to Tallahassee 50%-60%.  From Jacksonville to areas along the northeast coast, showers are likely during the afternoon.  Inland from Gainesville to Ocala, slight chances for showers after 2pm exist, but mainly on Sunday 30%. In Orlando, isolated showers during the afternoons will remain slight 10%-20% until Monday. Areas south of the I-4 corridor conditions will stay mainly dry and mostly sunny. Across the state, high temperatures will be in the 80's and bottom out in the 60's for north and central Florida, 70's from Melbourne to Miami.

Sources include nearest National Weather Service office, National Hurricane Center, and the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network (@FloridaStorms).
Sources include nearby emergency management agencies, FEMA, and your local NPR affiliate. 
Sources include the Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Highway Patrol and other nearby traffic information.

1885 Stadium Road
PO Box 118405
Gainesville, FL 32611
(352) 392-5551

A service of WUFT at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications 

Partners of the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network include: Florida's Division of Emergency Management, WDNA (Miami), WFIT (Melbourne), WMFE (Orlando), WFSU (Tallahassee), WGCU (Fort Myers), WJCT (Jacksonville), WKGC (Panama City), WLRN (Miami), WMNF (Tampa-Sarasota), WQCS (Fort Pierce), WUFT (Gainesville-Ocala), WUSF (Tampa), WUWF (Pensacola) and Florida Public Media.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram