English English Spanish Español
Powered by WUFT
Temporarily change filter
Finding your station

Temperatures Heat Up Before The Next Cold Front

Even though temperatures across the state are warming up, the cooler air is lurking. Our next cold front will bring a drop in temperatures as well as, increasing cloudiness and rain for the second part of the week. Not everyone can expect to see the rain, but chances stand for most areas through Saturday. In the Panhandle, a 30%-50% chance of showers will begin on Wednesday night. From Jacksonville to Gainesville rain chances begin on Thursday with a 20% chance of showers. From the I-4 corridor south, rain chances will diminish, from 20%-30% on Friday and Saturday.
Before the cold front, temperatures on Wednesday will warm up well above the average, and in some areas in north-central and central Florida, afternoon temperatures will near or reach the record high. Most areas from the panhandle to north-central Florida will be in the 80's. In Orlando, temperatures will near 90 degrees, and from Tampa to Miami, afternoon highs will top off in the lower to mid 80's. After the fronts arrival, temperatures will gradually cool, mainly by Friday most areas will experience a 15-25 degree drop in temperatures.

LOCAL ALERTS
WEATHER
NEWS
TRAFFIC
Sources include nearest National Weather Service office, National Hurricane Center, and the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network (@FloridaStorms).
Sources include nearby emergency management agencies, FEMA, and your local NPR affiliate. 
Sources include the Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Highway Patrol and other nearby traffic information.

1885 Stadium Road
PO Box 118405
Gainesville, FL 32611
(352) 392-5551

A service of WUFT at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications 

Partners of the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network include: Florida's Division of Emergency Management, WDNA (Miami), WFIT (Melbourne), WMFE (Orlando), WFSU (Tallahassee), WGCU (Fort Myers), WJCT (Jacksonville), WKGC (Panama City), WLRN (Miami), WMNF (Tampa-Sarasota), WQCS (Fort Pierce), WUFT (Gainesville-Ocala), WUSF (Tampa), WUWF (Pensacola) and Florida Public Media.

Loading...
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram